[Tagging] natural=wood status=approved?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 08:20:18 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Am 06.02.2016 um 22:43 schrieb Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com>:
>
> The key 'natural' was marked status approved in 2014 ... nothing on the tag list

I'm participating in OSM since early 2008 and can assure you that natural=wood already was an established tag by that time, but also that wiki documentation was very scarce back then.

> So ... what is the point of having an approval process if it is circumvented by simple wiki edits?

+1, generally yes, in this particular case I'd say that setting the wiki docu to approved seems consistent with the actual usage reality.

cheers,
Martin