[Tagging] path=hiking in use

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Mon Feb 15 21:13:25 UTC 2016

> On Feb 16, 2016, at 4:20 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> or they're using motocross motorcycles...
> A path doesn't prohibit motor vehicle use by default, a footway does. Many shepherds in remote areas are using motorcycles

I always think of ranchers on quads.

Anyways, Trail is the single track version of track. Because of its single track nature, I would say it defaults to motorcycle=no (like path or footway, especially if a subkey value is used), but should be easy to change access.

Wouldn't the rancher's trails be on private grazing land, or is this a public open-space thing?