[Tagging] Wharf

James Morrison james.morrison at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 17:41:38 UTC 2016

Apologies but I've never come across the term mole, the equivalent
English article on the Wikipedia for the German article Mole and the
French article Brise-lames is the article Breakwater which has a tag
page on the openstreetmap wiki[1] is a approved proposal and seems to
have almost 14000 ways, there appears to be only one way tagged as
mole in the UK[2].

Is there a specific difference between mole and breakwater?

In my experience in Scotland a breakwater is often referred to and
acts as a pier.

1. https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dbreakwater
2. http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/erX

Cheers