[Tagging] Tagging an area for seasonal snowfall?

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Feb 17 11:50:09 UTC 2016

Many of the old bypassed mountain pass roads have a snowman with an X through to indicate they are closed in winter due to snow.  When that begins or ends is unspecified, but all of these old mountain roads have this marking on several know nods of Japanese maps, including my car's old GPS.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1806833,137.5763957,15z

This is the old road bypassed by a (toll motorway tunnel).

Is this something handled by another tag, or is this one being discussed used for such a thing?

Javbw