[Tagging] Tagging an area for seasonal snowfall?

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Feb 17 12:35:34 UTC 2016

> On Feb 17, 2016, at 8:57 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> AFAIK these are mapped with the conditional access syntax.
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conditional_restrictions

Ah - I didn't think of that. That seems perfect.

I have looked through that before (when I used it to define when a pedestrian road had posted car access times), and looking through it again, it there is no "seasonal" - spring, summer, fall, winter, kind of generalization, but snow is a conditional.

Having a road closed for a season because it basically abandoned in winter seems a bit different - it might be good to have a seasonal conditional tag - so with certain combinations,  some objects can be rendered differently.

The Japanese people I talk with like to define seasonal changes by days of the week - "the cherry blossoms are 3 days early" , "the first snow on Mount Fuji is 9 days early" - but I don't think we can set conditionals about winter road closures to be so specific ^_^

Javbw