[Tagging] Tagging an area for seasonal snowfall?

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Wed Feb 17 13:25:42 UTC 2016

Javbw
> On Feb 17, 2016, at 9:53 PM, Hakuch <hakuch at posteo.de> wrote:
>
> there is even: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:seasonal

Bingo!

Hmm... It looks like this is the right key, but something is weird.

It mentions in the description that it could be used to describe the road I am talking about (closed for winter), but the seasonal=* tag is for when it is *open/exists*. I don't think they want "not_winter" as a value.

The page does helpfully suggest a conditional restriction using months, which is probably accurate enough, but the seasonal= tag as defined in the table has no way to show the "disappear" or "close" options detailed in it's description, at least how I am reading it.

There isn't a  "not open/ doesn't exist in this season" version of the key.

Am I missing something?

Javbw