[Tagging] Tagging tourist offices

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 13:12:08 UTC 2016

On 1/2/16, Matthijs Melissen <info at matthijsmelissen.nl> wrote:
> So my question is, would it make sense to propose a different tagging
> for tourist offices, for example tourism=tourist_office or
> office=tourism? Or should we stay with the current tagging? I'm myself
> quite ambivalent on this issue, and I'd like to hear your opinion.

What exactly are tourist offices? This could range from the office
building of the government ministry or department of tourism, to a
simple manned kiosk at a local tourist attraction, to a place where
you can book walking/bus tours. And or all of these may be tagged with
the current scheme. If a new scheme is to be proposed, all of these
may need different sets of tags.