[Tagging] Question reg. wheelchair mapping

Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 08:45:46 UTC 2016

Hi all,

a few days ago I noticed that the "wheelchair routing" page seems to be quite out-aged.

This section

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wheelchair_routing#Obstacles.2FAccessibility

states that a ramp for wheelchairs should be tagged highway=access_ramp

but this tag is rarely used and probably not well understood. In the German forum

we came to the conclusion that the corresponding proposal

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Access_Ramp

should be marked deprecated:

http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=53224

I'd like to see that the existing highway=access_ramp

are changed to the well known

highway=footway

wheelchair=yes

in combination with

incline=x%

after a review by local mappers

and that the wiki pages are changed accordingly.

If I hear no complains I'll change the english and german page

next sunday.

Gerd