[Tagging] Question reg. wheelchair mapping

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 09:31:21 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Gerd Petermann
<GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to see that the existing highway=access_ramp
>
> are changed to the well known
>
> highway=footway
>
> wheelchair=yes
>
> in combination with
>
> incline=x%

I have a question about this. I think I can recognise an access ramp
for wheelchair users when I see one. In general I don't know the
incline %, but I assume that it was designed in such a way that the
majority of wheelchair users can use it.

with highway=access_ramp (duck tagging) I indicate that the path was
designed for wheelchair users.

Don't I loose some information with

highway=footway, wheelchair=yes, incline=up ?

regards