[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Street Parking Restrictiion)

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Fri Jan 8 11:47:50 UTC 2016

Martin Koppenhoefer wrote on 2016/01/08 11:41:

>     I am sending this RFC in order to receive some feedback regarding my OSM feature proposal for Street Parking Restrictions.
> you should provide a link...

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Street_Parking_Restriction
and an empty attempt on
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/StreeT_Parking_Restrictions
that a wiki admin might delete.

I assume that the tag is to be applied on a highway=*, which is not mentioned.

My concern with this proposal is that inner-city roads get extremely fragmented
when such tags are applied.

They are already split into segments when turn:lanes are added and change:lanes
are mapped.

In Berlin you have changing parking rules every few meters, sometimes just for the
length of a single vehicle.

You would also need to distinguish between :forward and :backward, since the restrictions
can be different on the two sides of a road, which leads to a situation I consider untaggable.

tom