[Tagging] landuse=farmland and highway=track

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 12:37:30 UTC 2016

>Will have a look at it, but it doesn't sound like a tool I would want to
use
>unless it can be configured to use fewer nodes. Also not sure what is
meant with "it looks better".

I mean it follows the actual outline of the forest so therefore it looks
more true to life, that is, "better"

The line you get with Fastdraw can be simplified a number of ways. The tool
itself has some parameters that affect the density of points but it's
easier to just use the up (or down) arrow keys to remove (or add back
points) until you're satisfied. Try it, you'll like it.

>I think wood polygons have the same problem like water polygons, you have
>simplify, else you'll end up with mapping each tree (or each branch if you
like ... )

Yes, it's the Mandelbrot fractal concept - the length of the beaches on
earth is infinite, it all depends on how small a unit length you use. (
Wikipedia <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastline_paradox>)
Still, there is a balance between too much and too little detail. And using
only 12 nodes for that wood polygon is too little IMO.

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand
This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>