[Tagging] Jewelry/jewellery shops

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 23:41:35 UTC 2016

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016 23:46:48 +0100
Matthijs Melissen <info at matthijsmelissen.nl> wrote:

> All in all, it is a fairly large operation for a relatively small
> improvement, and I'm not sure if it's worth it. I wonder though what
> other mappers think. Would it make sense to switch the recommended tag
> to shop=jewellery? And if we do so, would a plan similarly to the one
> above make sense?

It is quite long, but not so large. The most complex part is that
somebody need to set up reminder to execute later parts of plan.

I would strongly support this change - consistent tagging is a good
thing.

(I'm also writing this on personal title and not as
maintainer of the openstreetmap-carto stylesheet.)