[Tagging] Tagging scrap yards, junkyards

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 01:03:54 UTC 2016

I'm trying to decide how to tag what we in the U.S. refer to as junkyards.
Mostly these are where old automobiles go when they are discarded and are a
source of used parts. They are therefore an amenity of considerable value,
at least to some people. In other countries they might be called scrapyards
(or perhaps salvage_yards or even some variation on automobile_salvage) so
I'm looking for input from our little world-spanning community of expert
taggers.

After consulting Taginfo I've come up with these two tags for now:
landuse=industrial
industrial=scrap_yard

Opinions, suggestions?
--