[Tagging] Tagging problem for a river running in a culvert below a track / wiki votes enforcement

David Marchal penegal at live.fr
Mon Jan 25 10:42:28 UTC 2016

Hello, there.
I've got a tagging problem here: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/48.34992/6.15965 A side stream of the Madon river runs in a culvert under the private track, and that makes a glitch by rendering the culvert over the `natural=water/water=river` polygon. I asked on the rendering config repo — https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/2027 —, believing it to be a rendering bug, but been told that it's a tagging problem. I assume I shouldn't tag a single water polygon under the track, but there is nothing else to be tagged here than the track, merely a concrete block upon a culvert, the river under it, and the riverbed around that, so why is my tagging wrong? How should I correct that?
Besides, on the GitHub issue last comment, I've been told that Wiki tagging votes are only advisory and that the community is only invited, not required nor suggested, to follow them. As I understand this comment, the community MAY follow the Wiki tagging votes, it does not SHOULD nor MUST follow them. I was under the impression that the community at least SHOULD apply the votes results. Am I wrong on that?
Awaiting your answers,
Regards.