[Tagging] Tagging problem for a river running in a culvert below a track / wiki votes enforcement

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 09:12:54 UTC 2016

> I would add to path tag bridge=low_water_crossing (documented at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:bridge ) and layer=1, without
> tagging culverts, without splitting waterway polygon.
>
> tagging this footway as bridge=low_water_crossing (documented at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:bridge ), without
> tagging culverts, without splitting waterway polygon, splitting stream
> and tagging part under bridge as layer=-1 is equivalent.

+1, You can either tag it as bridge and not split the riverbank/water
polygon, or split the riverbank and tag it as 4 culverts (no bridge on the
track in this case). I'd prefer the first variant and see this as kind of
bridge. Not sure if I'd suggest adding the kind of bridge to the bridge
attribute on the highway (consider putting these bridge related
informations on the bridge) but it could make some sense (you have the
information about the unpassability on high water on the highway).

Cheers,
Martin