[Tagging] wetland=bog, why only "receive their water and nutrients from rainfall"?

John Sturdy jcg.sturdy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 10:38:38 UTC 2016

There's an explanatory notice in Cambridge University Botanical
Gardens, indicating that fens are fed with water from limestone /
chalk springs, which is relatively alkaline, whereas bogs, being fed
by rainwater, are relatively acidic.  The different pH means that
different ranges of plants will grow there.