[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Government offices

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 28 11:10:24 UTC 2016

What do you mean with "institution"? Is that a single building housing
multiple organisations, or is it a single organisation fulfilling
multiple constitutional roles? A "City Hall" sounds like a building.

Organisations sharing a building probably happens quite a lot, but I
would expect that governments are wary of combining multiple distinct
admin levels into a single organisation where the admin levels actually
exist.

--colin

On 2016-01-28 11:58, althio wrote:

> On 28 January 2016 at 11:47, Matthijs Melissen <info at matthijsmelissen.nl> wrote: On 28 January 2016 at 11:43, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote: Only problem: if an institution
> serves several levels we will either loose information (e.g. by using only
> the highest level) or deal with multiple values (but that's no different
> from "government:level=state;local".
> Do you have an example of an institution serving multiple admin levels?

Maybe Paris city hall would fit the description, serving
admin_level=6-8:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/71525
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/1641193
http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/7444