[Tagging] Discussion about Multivalued Keys

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Thu Jan 28 15:52:55 UTC 2016

W dniu 28.01.2016 10:45, Martin Koppenhoefer napisał(a):

>> * shop types (as already mentioned on proposition page)
>> * amenity types (like fast_food + pub)
>> * long inscriptions on monuments/memorials (above 255 chars)
>
> those all don't seem valid examples, a pub serving fast food is still
> a pub, a shop fitting into several shop types is likely none of these

And probably a fast food serving beer is still a fast food. But you have
to choose what is "main" feature before making such statement and it's
not always clear.

> shop types (but a different one), and circumventing the maximum value
> length shouldn't be done by distributing the value over several keys
> (if we wanted people to write essays in the tag values we could remove
> the 256 byte restriction).

This is a real life tagging problem I had once and you seem to not
propose any way to resolve it in a different way.

It has nothing to do with promoting long entries, it is just an issue to
be solved somehow.

--
"Завтра, завтра всё кончится!" [Ф. Достоевский]