[Tagging] steps parallel to escalator

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sat Jul 2 09:59:52 UTC 2016

Hi Bjoern,

On 02.07.2016 10:14, Bjoern Hassler wrote:
> Would you be able to give me an example for the use of the tag?
>
> Say for steps running in parallel with two escalators (running up/down)?

you didn't mention the exact arrangement of the escalators, so I'm going
to assume two escalators (one up, one down) with normal steps in
between. This example would be tagged as:

highway=steps + conveying:lanes=forward|no|backward

Basically, you have 3 parallel "stripes":
* The first is an escalator moving the same direction as the OSM way.
* The second is normal steps (not an escalator).
* The third is an escalator moving opposite the OSM way.

I hope this makes it clearer what I'm suggesting.