[Tagging] Additions to public_transport scheme

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Jul 7 06:15:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 07/07/2016 08:04 AM, Tijmen Stam wrote:
> It's the place the stop is _in_.

We usually resolve such issues by looking at the surrounding
administrative area polygons. You will see that, for example, we have
long since stopped tagging a village with
"is_in=CountyA,StateB,CountryC" because the geocoder can easily
determine this information from the admin boundaries. The same can be
done for public transport stops.

Or are you saying that the public transport company might use a
different name for the administrative entity than can be deduced from
the admin boundary?

Bye
Frederik