[Tagging] How to tag high water marks (flood marks)?

markus schnalke meillo at marmaro.de
Thu Jul 21 08:00:39 UTC 2016

[2016-07-20 10:45] Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
> it appears there is already this tag in use, which might cover part of what you
> are after:
> monitoring:water_level

I disagree. As I understood it, monitoring:water_level is for regularily
*monitoring* of the level, whereas the tagging searched for is for markers
of exceptionell historic high water levels. Of course, sometimes the high
water marks are placed at water level monitoring stations, but often they
are placed at buildings that are quite distant from the water, to display
the impact of the high water.

IMO historic=memorial + memorial:type=plaque is the right direction.


More information about the Tagging mailing list