[Tagging] How can I display maxspeed on my Garmin?

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 20:18:54 UTC 2016

Thanks for the responses.

I assumed because we can append ref tags to a highway name one could just
do the same for maxspeed.  It's just another tag after all. Obviously,
there is a lot of interplay between mkgmap and the Garmin internals that I
don't understand.

Gerd, what you're saying is that there's no known way to simply append that
tag to a label or highway name. Correct?

Dave

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 11:11 PM, Gerd Petermann <
GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Well,
>

> the default style rules in mkgmap evaluate maxspeed to calculate a so
> called road speed value which is used
>
> by the Garmin routing algo.
>
> But we don't know any way to store the value in the map so that it woud
> show up in the device when you
>
> pass the node. I know that modern Garmin maps have this feature using so
> called NT maps, I don't know
>
> any place in the older img format where this information could be stored,
> but maybe we just didn't find
>
> it yet.
>

> Gerd

Dave Swarthout