[Tagging] Artworks inside the Louvre

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Sat Jul 23 22:42:50 UTC 2016

We are on the way to render artworks on osm-carto (default map layer on
main website), but during testing phase I've found that in Louvre they
are tagged not only on the exterior, but also some of them are inside
the building (as part of the permanent exposition, I guess).

This made me think if - and how - should we tag such features? Current
definition is laconic and does not help in this case ("A tag for public
pieces of art"). Should we just add "indoor=yes" (currently 67k+ uses),
find new tagging scheme or just introduce a policy which doesn't let
tagging them?

It is important for a rendering strategy - we're not able to recognize
which are visible outside and which are not and it creates a visual
mess:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/2236#issuecomment-234687333

--
"Low, low, low..." [M. Kempa]