[Tagging] State parks and state forests: specific tagging question, general mapping philosophy

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Wed Jul 27 03:34:02 UTC 2016

On 27/07/16 12:59, Kevin Kenny wrote:

>  How about we make a deal that when the "correct" tagging actually
> becomes visible on at least one layer of the main site, I go back and
> remove the "legacy" tagging, which can be done with a mechanical edit?
Kevin, I share your frustration but suggest that is the wrong approach.
Image Feature A is correctly rendered but not so Feature B.  We won't
encourage the rendering mob to render B by tagging everything as A.

Might be worth your while looking at how others are using the data,
OsmAnd do a great job of rendering some of the detail found in the
database. And make a pretty attractive looking map at the same time.
There are lots of other 'consumers' of OSM data.

David