[Tagging] How to tag: public lands that are accessed by permit?

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 11:43:29 UTC 2016

On Jul 29, 2016 3:50 AM, "Martin Koppenhoefer" wrote:
> this tagging only works with one type of permit at a time, if
motor_vehicle=permit was also set (with different rules and phone numbers
etc.), you would need something like
> foot=permit
> motor_vehicle=permit
> foot:permit:website=*
> motor_vehicle:permit:website =*
> etc.
>
> or maybe shorter:
> foot:website =*

I'm inclined to let the person who actually encounters such a beast propose
the tagging for it.  Your idea seems as good as any,  but I've not yet seen
an actual example.  The most I've seen is different hours, fees, and so on,
with the same office administering permits. I don't want to brew up a lot
of complexity addressing hypothetical cases.