[Tagging] Motorway_junction = javbw confusion

johnw johnw at mac.com
Wed Jun 1 22:20:54 UTC 2016

> On Jun 1, 2016, at 8:56 AM, Andrew Errington <erringtona at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Motorway entrance could be implicit and detected by software planning a route from a regular road to a motorway_link road through a toll booth.  The name of the toll both can represent the name of the entrance (in Korea all toll booths are named with the interchange name).

I will think about it, but I think it is necessary to have a tag for entrances if we have a tag for exits - especially when our notion for labeling junctions seems to assume a corresponding exit is there. being able to say “this is an entrance” where there is a big sign that says “entrance” and “here is the name, ref, destination and other information about this entrance” - not just information about the motorway tagged onto the _link road. This might become necessary, as motorway signage toll plazas disappear with ETC systems that collect tolls automatically with radio transponders; several of the exits have no toll booth, just a transponder on a pole.

Javbw