[Tagging] trail blaze vs route markers

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Jun 8 11:00:25 UTC 2016

Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> writes:

> sent from a phone
>
>> Il giorno 08 giu 2016, alle ore 10:19, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>
>> Now looking route marker up in a picture search it clearly seems to indicate that this word is used for road route markers (like interstates etc.)
>
> and infrastructure like cable routes.

I think that's different.  Sometimes the buried cable markers have route
information, but it's intended only for the maintenance people.  It's
mostly a "don't dig here" warning.   And it's definitely not intended as
an aid to navigation.

Also, this article comes across as reasonable:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_blazing

(Not really releveant, but for what it's worth, I have never seen the
Bob Fuller system.  I do see vertical double blaze to indicate that
something unusual happens, such as turn or junction.)