[Tagging] Subject: Feature Proposal - RFC - highway=social_path

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 06:26:09 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 14 giu 2016, alle ore 03:39, John Willis <johnw at mac.com> ha scritto:
>
> Look, first and foremost, I want to get the idea of "path/footway" - a Flat-ish way maintained for pedestrians and "trail" for hiking/trekking separated in some manner. I think we can all agree that a sidewalk along a road or a path through park is markedly different than a wilderness trail or informal cut-through.

above all, I can agree that there is an important distinction between sidewalks along a road and other footways/paths. The former are not very important to show because there is already the road that will be rendered.

A path through a park is not so substantially different from a trail in my eyes, there can be bigger differences among different trails alone for instance.

cheers
Martin