[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - learner driver

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 08:29:55 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 24 giu 2016, alle ore 09:57, Colin Smale <colin.smale at xs4all.nl> ha scritto:
>
> In the UK learners are not allowed on motorways. That also includes for example non-learner car drivers on a motorcycle without a motorcyle licence, who have to display L-plates of course. Discussions are going on about lifting these restrictions though.

so the idea is to tag all motorways with the no tag in the UK, and there are no exceptions to this rule possible (e.g. by putting up traffic signs "learners allowed")?

In Italy there is a rule (likely elsewhere as well), that the maxspeed in case of fog is 50kph (at most, in case otherwise it would be higher), but so far we decided not to add this conditional restriction to all roads. Do you think we should rethink this?

For heavy trucks, there is AFAIK a general maxspeed of 80kph (in some countries), but so far we're also not tagging these (because it rather is a restriction for the vehicle, not a property of the road), should these be tagged on all roads with higher general maxspeed?

In Germany, pedestrians carrying big loads have to use the road and not the pavement, shall we invent a tag for this?

cheers,
Martin