[Tagging] sloped_curb, kerb and god knows what left in limbo ......

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Mar 2 16:42:26 UTC 2016

Accidentally I noticed today that iD was suggesting a sloped_curb tag
for crossings, it piqued my curiosity a bit and it seems that we have
the situation now, that we have two different tagging systems in
moderate use (~20'000 occurrences of slopped_curb and  kerb each). But
no documentation for the one
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/dropped_kerb is
what you get redirected to for slopped_curb but the page does not have
any useful content and indication of which values should be used) and a
long abandoned proposal for the other
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/kerb

While the abandoned proposal seems to be more complete and I can't say
anything about the other variant because of the lacking documentation, I
don't really care either way, it would simply make easier if we could
come to some consensus on what the actual current state is and what the
preferred tagging is.

Simon