[Tagging] JOSM preset with strange tag values

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:25:10 UTC 2016

>Rather than introducing new tags via editor presets people should
"discuss" new tags (e.g. by dropping a note on the tagging ML),

+1 I agree totally. But the sale tag is there in the Preset already - how
did that happen? The Wiki page tells us that sale refers to the fact that
"whole" motorcycles are being sold, either new or used or by "brand". I
have never seen the term used that way. But now that it's there, what can
be done about it? It's too much work to go through JOSM channels to change
it — I have other more important things to attend to so I'm inclined to
simply ignore it.

@Marc - there are tags in use for shop=motorcyle_parts (57),
shop=motorcycle_rental (1) and shop=motorcycle_repair (272). This preset is
an attempt to bring them all together under one roof, so to speak.

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
> <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> > How many motorcycle shops do not sell something?
>
> In combination with service=yes or rental=yes, sale/sells=no makes
> sense, not ? In case the shop=motorcycle has to be used for places
> where you can only rent or have your motorcycle repaired. We do have a
> car_repair and car_rental (sp?), but do we have something like that
> for motorcycles ?

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand