[Tagging] JOSM preset with strange tag values

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 18:24:15 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Am 03.03.2016 um 14:41 schrieb Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com>:
>
> I'l agree that when there are separate tags for rental and repair
> there is no need for sales=no.
> Only when you try to bring everything under 1 umbrella the sales=no makes sense.

I don't see why a place to rent motorcycles should be tagged in a way that facilitates confusion with a place that sells motorcycles. Why would you do this? People look either for the first or the second but almost never they don't care, so a distinction at the top level seems right.

Also from a linguistic point of view, "sales" is not chosen extraordinarily well, it sounds like "bargain sale"/"clearance sale" or am I over interpreting this?

cheers,
Martin