[Tagging] shop=marine RFC

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 00:21:23 UTC 2016

shop=marine would be a useful addition IMO.

My town of Homer, Alaska, is a commercial fishing area and it has several
such shops. They sell fishing gear, clothing, navigation devices, fittings
for boats (cleats, pullies, etc.), line and chain, boat finishing paints
and lacquers, and boat-specific hand tools. I don't think I ever tagged
them but I will do that if I haven't already.

Cheers,
Dave

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 7:10 AM, Antoine Beaupré <anarcat at debian.org> wrote:

> It seems to me there needs to be some marine shop tags out there,
> distinct from "boat selling" places.
>
> At the very least, some clarifications seem needed in the latter tag if
> it is deemed sufficient.
>
> See http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Marine_shops
>
> Thanks for any comments.
>
> a.
> --
> A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not
> prove anything.
>                          - Friedrich Nietzshe

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska