[Tagging] building=yes for multiple building

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 16:12:33 UTC 2016

I am reluctant to suggest that mapping large groups of buildings as one
outline is a good idea. As I said, to me it is a last resort and should
be avoided at all costs. Otherwise we are going to get blocks of easily
mapped buildings outlined as building just because that is a lot easier
and then leave the detailed mapping to someone else.

But that being said, since it is acceptable to map large blocks of
buildings as building in some circumstances, I think we might need a new
value to the building=* key.

Most data consumers that I work with usually consider building=yes to
indicate one building.

If we know we are mapping multiple buildings under one polygon would it
be a good idea to add something like a 'multiple' value to the key?

building=multiple

That would also make it easier to locate them for further refined
mapping in the future.

cheers
blake