[Tagging] AirBnB

joost schouppe joost.schouppe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 10:17:50 UTC 2016

Dave,

I rented out my own house with AirBnB once, and do not keep a sign out. I
would definitely not appreciate my house being marked on a map as a
guesthouse because of that. However, as you got the data from a survey, I
don't see a problem in those cases.

Only a main tag like guesthouse if it is clearly marked as such. I would
personally look into a solution like adding something in the line of
 externalid:airbnb=12345 and website:airbnb=http://airbnb.com/property=12345
.  As far as I know there's no proposition for a generalized external id of
things. Wikidata is used for that, but that's just one of many providers in
my opinion. I once wrote a diary entry about the possible use of such a
tagging style:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/joost%20schouppe/diary/34328