[Tagging] tagging sport=shotput or sport=shot_put?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 22:07:20 UTC 2016

On 25/03/2016 9:16 PM, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
> Warin wrote on 2016/03/25 05:11:
>> Hi,
>> Both sport=shotput and sport=shot_put exist in the data base with
>> about the same numbers .. about 50 each.
>>
>> I thing I prefer the sport=shot_put as that reflects wikipedia
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shot_put
>
> I prefer to tag all those as sport=athletics, as well as the tracks
> for long-jump and running.
>
> You can still sub-tag if needed, but maybe the pitch is used for the
> throwing disciplines
> also?

Too late to tag in a non duck way. The sports tags are all ducks.

Athletics covers things like running .. and that is not tagged under
athletics. Athletics has a very poor use by mappers - they re using duck
tagging.

The athletics sports that share pitches are hammer throwing and discus
throwing and we already have a method of combining them ...
sports=hammer_throwing;discus_throwing.