[Tagging] service = parking_access for main ways on a parking lot

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 16:59:12 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Am 26.03.2016 um 17:15 schrieb Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org>:
>
> Thus I would like to use a different qualifier for those ways entering
> the lot and connecting the aisles, e.g. service=parking_access.
>
> This does not break any consumer, is not used so far (ok, once, exactly for
> the purpose), and also solves a recent question in the wiki for a related
> problem, a separate parking road parallel to a main road.
>
> Opinions?

I agree with the intention to have 2 different classes of service.
sometimes, not too rarely, those ways are not only for access to the parking but also to pass through, to go to the main entrance (e.g. for the boss, for honorable guests, for disabled, etc.) or to go to another site. Would we have different tags for all those possibilities? I think I prefer service without additional qualifier for the second class, but if you come up with something more neutral that still bears the hierarchy connotation, I could support it.

cheers,
Martin