[Tagging] Mapping pergolas/arbors

David Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Thu May 19 04:09:33 UTC 2016

I would discourage the use of type as a key here as it is used to differentiate between relations. Suggest shelter:type or something similar. Cheers Dave

Get Outlook for iOS

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 6:29 PM -0700, "Mark Bradley" <ethnicfoodisgreat at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Martin Koppenhoefer
> To: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools"
>
> Subject: Re: [Tagging] Mapping pergolas/arbors
> >
> > I know of some pergolas I would like to map.  (Wikipedia says other
> > words for these features are "arbors" and "arbours.")  Looking on the
> > wiki on the list of map features, there doesn't appear to be any
> > established tags for these features, so I'm asking for suggestions
> > before I make up my own.
>

> maybe the key "building" could be used, values could be "pergola" or "arbour" (BE
> spelling). This is about a frame on which plants are intended to grow for shade, right?
>

> cheers,
> Martin

Yes Martin, you're correct.

Based on the discussion here, I will plan to go with amenity=shelter, followed by type=pergola.

Mark Bradley