[Tagging] Busways

Hubert87 sg.forum at gmx.de
Wed Nov 2 18:33:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

I think you should consider the access rights (access=no, bus=yes) and
the road classification (highway=service/unclassified) as two separate
things.
Ask yourself what kind of highway-tag you would use, if the road was not
limited to buses only.
For me both cases you presented look fine to me in regard of the
highway=unclassified/service in use.
Also, did you consider using "bus/ptv=designated" instead of bus=yes?

Yours
Hubert87

P.S.:
(btw, for clarification: last time I checked, "unclassified" isn't used
were one can't classify a road - that's what highway=road is for - but
is the lowest category for interconnected road networks just below
highway=tertiary, meaning it must connect to a highway=tertiary or
higher and should not connect to a residential or service on BOTH ends.)