[Tagging] Tagging of Country Names

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 14:58:31 UTC 2016

> > Although the United States currently has no official language, it is
> largely monolingual with English being the de facto national language.

interesting case, because it is an example that "official languages" can be
set on sub-country level as well (many states have defined English as their
official language).
It could also be argued that English is the defacto official language in
the USA, even if there is no law that states this, because all legislation
and jurisdiction (?) takes place in English (I am not sure about this,
maybe Native American Reservations etc. have different languages?).

Cheers,
Martin