[Tagging] Differentiating streets with official name from non-official yet name

MichaƂ Brzozowski www.haxor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 16:21:53 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 3:53 PM, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> wrote:

> Please don't. First, this is kind of troll-tagging, first declaring
> something a name and in the next line denying it. Second, the "name:*"
> namespace is declared for real names (name:LL and name:left|right), not for
> additional attributes.

I too thought it has a troll-tag potential. But if the name's on the ground...
A similar thing that came to my mind some time ago are named alleys on
allotment gardens. These are not official names, yet they're on the
ground. It'd be sensible to exclude them from reverse geocoding and
street list generation, probably downplay them in search results, but
keep displaying them as normal.