[Tagging] Retail but mail order only

Greg Troxel gdt at lexort.com
Tue Nov 8 01:02:51 UTC 2016

Dave F <davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com> writes:

> I've a site of warehouse units containing retail outlets selling goods
> (such as cheese & bathroom/household items), but by mail order
> only. Should these be still tagged as 'shops'? Mail_order=only? Anyone
> have any examples?

Places that do only mail order are not retail relative to a map, because
you can't walk in and buy things.  I would tag them commercial or
industrial, depending on scale.  But probably industrial if they have
large scale trucks, vs commercial if it's just regular UPS pickup.
Arguably we need some commercial=distribution kind of tag for warehouses
that ship goods.  And I'm not sure that whether it is direct to
individual user customer vs wholesale to reseller matters much.
Certainly it feels secondary to describing the main thing.