[Tagging] Light rail station tagging

Michael Tsang miklcct at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 05:00:19 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I tagged the public_transport=stop_position's on the light rail network in my
region with railway=tram_stop, because the wiki mentions that "Insert a node
with railway=tram_stop and name=* on the tram track (railway=tram) at the
position where the stop is located." However, the light rail stations actually
resembles "railway halts" (the layout is exactly the same as the image in the
wiki, with only the station building missing), and I have also put a
"railway=halt" (or "railway=station" for stations with switches) in the
middle.

This changeset attracted a comment "railway=tram_stop is probably a bad idea
for the stop positions, causes rendering mess. Maybe better just to use
railway=stop". What's the generally accepted practice for tagging light rail
stations which resembles "railway stations" or "railway halts"?

Michael
--
Sent from KMail