[Tagging] How might we best map emergency helicopter landing zones?

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 01:02:22 UTC 2016

That sounds good for the wooden (!) helipad visible in
https://binged.it/2gdSX38 , too.  That's no longer in regular use, and the
H has been removed from it, because the fire tower visible to the southwest
is no longer staffed. It's still viable for an emergency (and sees an
occasional flight to maintain the solar-powered radio repeater that's still
located on the tower).

I don't want to map that one until I've climbed up there with GPS. There's
rather a lot of topography, and Bing often hasn't corrected for squint
angle in that part of the world. I particularly suspect that it might be
off because the platform looks a little askew from being rectangular.