[Tagging] railway=rail vs. railway=subway

Michael Tsang miklcct at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 15:45:04 UTC 2016

> I don't follow this.  light rail is about the cars being lighter and
> perhaps the rails being built to a lower weight limit, and it isn't
> about grade crossings.  Around me there is real rail with fll-sized
> enginers and is fully freight capable that has level crossings.
> Definteliy not light_rail because of crossings.

I should clarify that the level crossing of light rails should be not actively
protected, i.e. do not have fences which come down before the train passes.
One of the major criteria between tram / light rail and metro / full-size
train is the ability to run within other traffic.

Do you have any examples where a freight train have to wait for a red light at
a street intersection, or runs on a stretch of street with motor traffic?

Michael
--
Sent from KMail