[Tagging] fixme -- by a specific date

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:01:15 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 12:52 PM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When mapping seasonal closures here in Utah[1] I realized I am still
> missing a solid way to mark a road as closed for the season and then have
> some level of confidence that someone will look at it in the spring and
> 'reopen' it. More generally for someone to map a feature and somehow tag it
> as needing another look by a certain date.

​Seems to me that seasonal roads should have some sort of seasonal
availability tag, similar to how a park gate might have dawn-to-dusk
availability, so that a router (possibly using a Lambertus Garmin map) to
get the right answer even if the download was not since the latest state
change. (Yes, there are some parkways through parks that are usable through
routes in daylight.)

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1vux at gmail.com