[Tagging] Railway=station + area=yes questions:

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:42:52 UTC 2016

> I do not think you should change the definitions without any longer
> discussion.

that's why I have put this back to 2015 when it was changed and areas were
marked as "invalid" (10% of all stations btw.).

> And using no change comment for such an edit feels a bit
> like "silently changing the definition and hoping that nobody notices
> it".

I realized it too late that I had forgotten to add a comment. I think it is
obvious that someone who wanted to "silently change the definition" will
not post here on the public mailling list that he edited the wiki about it,
no?

> I suggest to revert the changes and continue with a discussion
> first.

There should have been a discussion before changing it in 2015, I didn't
"change" anything, I simply reinstated the previous version, which
documents the usage on a big part of objects (polygons).

Cheers,
Martin