[Tagging] Tagging of Country Names

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Thu Oct 27 08:51:30 UTC 2016

David Bannon <dbannon at internode.on.net> wrote:

> As a native English speaker, I often turn to OSM to help me understand
> some of the global issues around at present. But even now, many of the
> place names are rendered in local language, quite unreadable to me.

This is true for any westerner. Have a look at the talk I gave at FOSS4G
concerning this topic:
https://github.com/giggls/mapnik-german-l10n/wiki

In the meantime I also made a version with english as a prefered langage for
internal use at my workplace:
http://tile.iosb.fraunhofer.de/#map=3/16.88/39.5

Regards

Sven

--
"Thinking of using NT for your critical apps?
                                  Isn't there enough suffering in the world?"