[Tagging] [OSM-talk] Artwork problems

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 00:04:55 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 6:58 AM, Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com> wrote:

- historic=memorial + tourism=artwork + artwork_type=statue

>> Which one should we use as canonical form?
>>

> I like the last one precisely because of the vague line between memorials
> and decorative pieces. If you don't know if it is a memorial, just put
> tourism=artwork. If you know that it is also a memorial, add
> historic=memorial. It's easy and clean.

Agreed.

I like the idea of sculpture_shape also. I have added several Buddha
statues to OSM and as Janko says, he is reclining in some, sitting upright
in others, so a sculpture_shape tag would help identify such variations.

--
Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska