[Tagging] bus route with reversing

Svavar Kjarrval svavar at kjarrval.is
Fri Sep 2 21:11:24 UTC 2016

On fös 2.sep 2016 20:54, André Pirard wrote:
> On 2016-09-02 22:20, Svavar Kjarrval wrote:
>>  JOSM doesn't allow the user to add any repeats at all. Fortunately, it
>> doesn't remove repeats which were already there.
> I was showing nodes and Jo is showing ways.
> Repeating nodes is not allowed but repeating ways is all-right.

My statement applies, in my experience, also to ways. I haven't been
able to add duplicate ways to relations for a long time (it was possible
once but later disabled). It's been causing a lot of holes in the local
bus relations since some of them go from A to B, circle around a
neighbourhood until they return to B, and then go back to A. In some of
those cases, being able to add duplicate nodes is essential for the bus
route in OSM to reflect the actual one.

- Svavar Kjarrval